Monday, May 02, 2005

Last Friday I planned to spend most of my time after putting the kids to bed on Guild Wars. But I didn't - I barely played for 30 minutes, and that was it for the weekend. Have I lost interest already? Not really, but it isn't a terribly deep experience. I played it some more, ended up dumped into these co-op missions, and then had to go.

That definitely hit me - we got dumped into a group vs. group battle, and it wasn't much different than a Team FFA match in a typical FPS ... and I don't like those much. Doing the solo are is pretty decent, and the quests are generally OK, but it definitely seems to matter what order you take them - there are some I've just pounded myself against again and again before finally winning, and others I barely get a scratch.

I am very much looking forward to the Dungeon Lords release this week. Also, the Episode III game could be my first 'real' Nintendo DS game purchase ... my wife got me Super Mario DS at Christmas but I really don't like it much - just not my type of game.

No comments: